PCS National Elections
PCS needs the Democracy Alliance’s strong, campaigning leadership more than ever. A strong union is your first line of defence as we face an unprecedented attack on our jobs, conditions and services from the government’s ideologically driven cuts and privatisation programme. PCS is at the forefront of opposing the cuts by campaigning for an alternative based on tax justice, job creation and investment. We are building the widest possible alliance with other unions, including a major national cooperation agreement with UNITE to oppose and defeat the cuts.
PCS members are right to be proud of their union’s campaigning response to this and the previous government’s attacks. Together we have fought hard to protect jobs and conditions. Campaigning works. We will continue to work with you to achieve fair pay and protect jobs, conditions and services. The Democracy Alliance will continue to work hard to protect members’ interests in these difficult times. Our priorities are: -
- Defend jobs, conditions and services.
- End the pay freeze. For fair pay and progression. For equal pay.
- Fair and adequate staffing to deliver services.
- Oppose all privatisations.
- Oppose attacks on trade union facilities. Defend those who defend members.
- Continue defending pensions. Fair pensions for all.
- Improve conditions for call centre members.
- Challenge discrimination, lack of childcare facilities, unfair sickness rules.
- For dignity and respect at work. Equality for all.
- A welfare state that delivers for our families and communities.
- Continue to campaign for our Alternative to austerity.
- Build a financially strong, democratic, member led union.
Download copies of the national election leaflets
Vote for Democracy Alliance - National Leaflet
Vote Democracy Alliance Poster
Letter to members - recommendation
A personal message from Janice Godrich PCS President
About PCS Left Unity
The Public and Commercial Services Union (PCS) is one of the largest trade unions in the UK, with around 270,000 members.
Left Unity is a democratic organisation that embraces a wide range of socialist opinion in PCS and campaigns for a socialist society that provides for the needs of the many, not the greed of a few.
Follow us on Twitter @PCSLeftUnity.