The National Democracy slates and election materials are now available online for Left Unity members to nominate to their AGMs and distribute the materials in their workplaces (see the “Election” tab above for all the materials).
The Left Unity candidates elected by Left Unity are standing alongside the Democrats as part of the long running Democracy Alliance slate for the National Executive Committee and other key positions including Chris Baugh for Assistant General Secretary. All Left Unity members should go out and build support for all Democracy alliance candidates and mobilise the vote. Only by organising and delivering on the ground will we be able to ensure that we can maximise the vote and to do that we need to be active in every branch & workplace.
What you can do to mobilise for the Democracy Alliance vote:
- Nominate the slate at your AGM
- Talk to other members & activists about supporting the slate
- Recruit other activists to Left Unity
- Leaflet your branch with the election materials as elections open
- Ensure you remind members to vote throughout the process
- Stay in touch with your Regional & Group Convenor – let them you’ve nominated the slate & what’s happening in your branch